We bring you the Elders’ latest reflections, insight, and analysis on the COVID-19 pandemic. This covers the period 15 March – 15 April.
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Ernesto Zedillo open the Skoll World Forum with lessons learned from the past year, what leaders must do in times of crises, and their work on the board of the Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response (IPPPR).
- In the latest episode of the Finding Humanity podcast, Gro Harlem Brundtland and Mary Robinson discuss why Universal Health Coverage is crucial in preventing future pandemics.
- Graça Machel writes about how the economic shocks of COVID-19 and the climate crisis create a perfect storm for climate vulnerable countries, ahead of the Climate and Development Ministerial meeting on 31 March.
- “Justice for women and girls must be at the core of our COVID-19 response,” says Mary Robinson in a keynote speech delivered at a CSW65 virtual forum panel.
- Gro Harlem Brundtland reflects on why vaccine equity and pandemic preparedness are key to global health security in our latest newsletter.
- In The Young Geographer: The Climate Justice Edition, Mary Robinson writes about how climate action, justice and a sustainable recovery from COVID-19 require all of us to take action.
- In their Annual Review 2020, The Elders look back at the past year, highlighting the challenges to global health, human rights and social development that the COVID-19 pandemic poses – and how The Elders have adapted to this new reality.
Listen and pass on the Finding Humanity Podcast by clicking on the image below: